The stainless steel water jacket protects the optical tube from the heat. A helicoid wire brings about the Vortex effect which improves the water cooling.
There are two kinds of jackets, the triple envelope one and the double envelope one.
The triple envelope water jacket is made up of the 3 successive tubes.
This design allows :
- Homogeneous distribution of the temperature on the jacket.
- Suppression of the hot spots (that bring weld breach)
- The reduction of the water consumption.
- Better durability of the water jacket
- The use in high temperature furnaces.
It is rather adapted to the video set.